As a therapist, I will help you discover how to:
- Eat and enjoy the foods you really love, without worrying about gaining weight
- Accept and even like your body
- Find and maintain your healthy weight naturally through uncovering the underlying causes for your behaviors
- Focus on and improve your relationships by helping you move away from blaming food and your body
- Learn to like yourself, your whole self
As a counselor, I go beyond traditional talk therapy to help you to learn healthier coping skills around food, your body, and your life in general. I use a counseling approach that will help you address the root causes of your problems around food.
Through therapy, you can end the cycle of using food and hating your body to cope with your emotional needs.
In counseling, I’ll help you make step-by-step changes that will help you overcome your problems around food and help you feel good about your body. Food issues and having a poor body image are symptoms of deeper needs that need to be met.
In order to make permanent changes you need to get to the root of the problem and find healthier ways to meet your needs. In the end, counseling will help you overcome your problems with food and how you feel about your body.
Overall, you will develop a richer and more satisfying life.
I am an acting board member of CREDN, Columbia River Eating Disorders Network. ASDAH member, Association of Size Diversity and Health, Internal Policy Committee, Membership Committee and Conference Planning Committee (co-chair).