25 Really Fun Things to Do in Vancouver, Washington
25 Really Fun and Free Things to Do While You are in Vancouver, Washington
- Bike over the mighty Columbia River on two different bridges in a round-trip trek along the water.
- Take the kids for a dip in the fountain at Esther Short Park.
- Spot the elusive western finch and other native birds at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge.
- Walk among history at Officers Row, lining Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.
- Stroll cute shops, funky galleries, and chic eateries in Uptown Village.
- Learn about stewardship and the importance of water in our daily life at the Water Resources Education Center.
- Walk, rollerblade, or just people watch on the riverfront Renaissance Trail and out on the Grant Street Pier.
- Photograph the heirloom garden at the historic Fort Vancouver.
- Hike Moulton Falls and then enjoy a picnic at the base of the bridge.
- Cheer on the Penguins at a Clark College athletic event.
- Let the little ones loose in the children’s discovery zone at the Vancouver Community Library.
- Catch your own dinner on the Washougal River.
- Drive the picturesque Northern Clark County Scenic Drive.
- See how wool is made into heritage blankets at the world-renowned Pendleton Woolen Mill.
- Appreciate nature and aquatic life at the Columbia Springs Environmental Education Center.
- Tour the art galleries of downtown Vancouver.
- Head out to the Columbia River Gorge for spectacular views and waterfall wonder.
- See the only grain-grinding mill left in Washington—the picturesque Cedar Creek Grist Mill.
- Explore one of the many area hiking or biking trails, while searching for Vancouver’s best fall foliage.
- Play with pooches at one of Vancouver’s friendly dog parks.
- Watch historic airplanes land and take off at Pearson Air Field.
- Catch a free concert at the city’s Six to Sunset series in Esther Short Park.
- Gaze at trees in the 1.3 million-acre Gifford Pinchot National Forest, which includes the magnificent Mt. St. Helens.
- Take your kayak or stand-up paddleboard out on the nearby Lacamas Lake.
- And finally, check on the latest events and happenings on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter feeds!